Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Analysis of Dream

Hello, as promised, my analysis.

1) The whole spirituality thing.

-Earlier that day I was having a discussion about spirituality, religion, and gods. It wasn't very in-depth really, just a friendly mutual exchange of views and all, but maybe it affected me more than I thought. Subconsciously at least.

-I'm a Buddhist by birth but really I'm a freethinker. If you happen to catch me praying or following some strange superstition, that's because I've become infected by my mother's superstition since I was born. No, I think it's before. Fear of offending the gods has long been ingrained in me and in any case, I don't know how these religion things work so I don't wanna risk it.

-So anyway, I don't believe in Heaven or Hell, but I do believe that there is an afterlife of some sort. As for gods, it's more complicated. I don't believe I believe in god, but I find it frustrating that I talk to him [internally of course, I'm not completely nuts] when I'm in a desperate situation. So I'm questioning my stand on religion. In any case, I don't really believe that any god controls our lives. Logic tells me that there can be no god, and that's what I say to anyone who asks, but head and heart say different things, you know.

-I blame my mother for making me superstitious.

*Glee's Season 2 Episdoe 3 Grilled Cheesus is an episode on spirituality, it's quite poignant.

2) The ambushing.

-Yeah um, that night during a break from mugging, I read the latest TIME magazine, which featured an in-depth study of extreme militia. So I was reading about the drills, the serious attitudes, the predicted situation such as a pro-Muslim president etc, and it was probably brought into my dream.

-The hiphop clothes was probably because of the YOG Opening Ceremony, that dance where teenagers started dancing Modern Dance.

3) The huge, huge mansion.

-It wasn't until Saturday during swimming lesson, when I was doing 4 laps of backstroke, [though I was mainly slacking and paddling along, occasionally pulling an arm to give the impression that I was swimming] that I realised that the high, high ceiling of the indoor pool resembled the huge, huge-ness of the mansion.

-If you want to laugh Chermaine go ahead.

-Cmon my brain has virtually nothing to do during swimming but think of random stuff! It's one and a half hours of mulling over stuff.

4) The dreadful loneliness.

-It's society. Or my perception of society, Singapore society at least. Singapore's full of people but they're more like workaholic robots who don't know how to touch touch hug hug or love love.

-The whiteness and blankness and windowlessness also supports the idea that the mansion was a metaphor for my perception of Singapore society.

5) Leighton and Qiyuan.

-The person with whom I was discussing spirituality was Leighton. Though how the crap Qiyuan got into my dream is indeed puzzling.

IT'S IRRITATING HOW I WOKE UP.

No comments:

Post a Comment